THE MOTHERHOOD, INC. Privacy Notice
Last modified: June 10, 2016
Introduction. The Motherhood, Inc. (the “The Motherhood” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Notice. This Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites, www.themotherhood.com and/or portal.the-mometer.com (our “Websites“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, YOUR CHOICE IS NOT TO USE OUR WEBSITES. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITES YOU AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. THIS NOTICE MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME, YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE WEBSITES AFTER WE MAKE CHANGES IS DEEMED TO BE ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES, SO PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES.
This Notice applies to information we collect on the Websites; in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Websites; and through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Websites. This Notice does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other websites operated by The Motherhood or any third party (including our clients, affiliates, and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our clients, affiliates, and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Websites.
Children Under the Age of 13. Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Websites or on or through any of its features/register on the Websites, make any purchases through the Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We collect several types of information from and about our Influencers and users of our Websites, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, or any other information the Websites collect that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“Personal Information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, page visits, and clickstream data; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us through optional and voluntary submissions which may include registration for an account, responses to surveys, posts to the Websites, correspondence directly to the Websites, and details of transactions on the Websites;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies or other similar tracking technologies; and/or
- From third parties, for example, our business partners where applicable.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Websites, or transmitted to other users of the Websites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please note that we cannot control the actions of other users of the Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data;
- User-specific and aggregate information on what pages visitors access or visit
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), and operating system.
We collect and store this information on an individual basis and in aggregate, or combined, form. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Websites, to track users’ movements around the Websites, to speed up your searches, recognize you when you return to the Websites, store information about your preferences, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We also use this information to improve the content of our Websites, and to customize the content and layout of our pages. All of this is done with the intention of making our Websites more useful to visitors. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users but the information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
We do not divulge any information about an individual user to a third party unless expressly permitted under this policy.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the The Motherhood, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services of The Motherhood and our partners that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt out of receiving such communications, as discussed below.
We may also use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Motherhood’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Motherhood about our Websites users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Motherhood, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, please let us know by using the opt-out response device that can be found at the bottom of every email we deliver or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To help us process your request, please include sufficient information for us to identify you in our records (your email address will suffice). Please allow a reasonable time for us to process your request. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
- Promotional Offers from The Motherhood. If you do not wish to receive emails or correspondence from The Motherhood to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, please let us know by using the opt-out response device that can be found at the bottom of every email we deliver or by emailing us at email@example.com. To help us process your request, please include sufficient information for us to identify you in our records (your email address will suffice). Please allow a reasonable time for us to process your request. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, please let us know by using the opt-out response device that can be found at the bottom of every email we deliver or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To help us process your request, please include sufficient information for us to identify you in our records (your email address will suffice). Please allow a reasonable time for us to process your request. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. Upon request we provide Site visitors with access to their own personally-identifying contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we maintain about them. You can access this information by sending your request to: email@example.com. To help us process your request, please provide sufficient information to allow us to identify you in our records.
We reserve the right to ask for information verifying your identity prior to disclosing any information to you. Should we ask for verification, the information you provide to verify your identify will be used only for that purpose, and all copies of this information in our possession will be destroyed when the process is complete.
We also offer visitors the opportunity to have inaccuracies corrected in all information we maintain about them. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To help us process your request, please provide sufficient information to allow us to identify you in our records.
Your California Privacy Rights. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2016 will receive information regarding 2015 sharing activities). To obtain this information from us, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com and write “Request for California Privacy Information” for the subject of your message. We will send you a reply e–mail within 30 days containing the requested information once we confirm your request. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only that information which is covered will be included in our response.
Data Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. ANY TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice. It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Websites home page. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Websites and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
Contact Information. To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices, contact us at:
The Motherhood, Inc.
1601 Mary’s Avenue, Suite 1L1
Pittsburgh, PA 15215