As brands explore audio tools, marketers are watching closely to see how the various options best fit into their clients’ integrated marketing plans.
Similarly, Clubhouse (created in March 2020) has had all eyes on the platform this year, as marketers explore the value of audio that requires virtually no production in a space that hasn’t yet seen the saturation that other social platforms experience.
Serving as a rival audio room, Twitter Spaces is the newest audio tool, recently announcing that users with 600+ followers will gain access to Twitter Spaces feature.
Let’s look at the benefits of each
Hubspot recently shared the following as key benefits for including podcasts in your marketing mix:
- Podcasts enable you to reach a younger audience. 49% of U.S. citizens between 12 and 34 listened to a podcast in the previous month — followed by 40% of people ages 35 to 54, and 22% of people ages 55 and above.
- Podcast advertisements are powerful. A Nielsen report found podcast ads generate 4.4X better brand recall than display ads, and 61% of consumers who heard a podcast ad were more likely to purchase the featured product.
- Podcast provides you with a major reach. 55% (155 million) of the U.S. population has listened to a podcast – up from 51% in 2019.
- Podcast is long-form content … This provides you with a ton of opportunity for increasing brand loyalty and, ultimately, conversions.
HubSpot’s Marketing Manager Chris Eberhardt also shared four reasons you might consider Clubhouse:
- You don’t have enough bandwidth/resources to create a high-quality podcast.
- You want to more easily differentiate your brand on Clubhouse (since the podcast marketplace is more heavily saturated).
- You want to form a space to connect with your audience directly, and open up the rooms for audience questions and engagement.
- You want one of your leaders to build their brand in the space.
Twitter Spaces is a platform that will be closely monitored as they continue to unveil new features. Twitter Spaces is one of the newer audio tools, so the verdict is out as to how it will best serve brands in the future.